
IT HAS BEEN ONE WEEK!!! oops....I guess I missed that goal. OK, let me try this again. If anyone even believes me? My Biggest thing that is slowing my blogging is that I can't get my pictures from my camera to the computer. I don't like to post things without pictures. You have to have pictures! So here is a picture I took last spring. I can't wait for spring its my most very favorite time of year.
Miss M, she is always coming up with the funniest things. When she was about 3 or 4 she would always say a word and then make up her own definition of the word that had nothing to do with the word she was talking about. I loved it. It was so cute. I wish I would have saved all the words and her definitions and made a Miss M dictionary. That would have been Cute. So this week she was eating my homemade chicken noodle soup and tells me this "it's spicy!" then goes on to say that its "biting her tongue" asking me "Mom, what did you put in this soup?". I thought it was too cute. I guess I put too much pepper!
This week we went to a parents orientation meeting for Miss M's Kindergarten. It was about this new program that her school is starting this year. The program is a Chinese Immersion program. She will be learning Mandarin!! I was so thrilled to hear this great opportunity for her. So if she gets into the program she will be able to speak fluent Mandarin by the time she is in 6th grade. Half of her day will be taught to her in English while the other half of the day she will be taught in Chinese. I wish I could go to her school. :0)
We turned in all her paperwork and now we just wait to see if she gets in. They are only taking 54 students....so if more then 54 students want in then they will have to do a lottery. I am hoping they don't have to and she gets in. So keep your fingers crossed! She is so excited about it. I am excited she gets to have this as well. Something her very own that she can be so proud of. She loves to learn. She can 't wait to start school. She asks me everyday "how many more days until I start kindergarten" "do I start next week?"
Since she as found out that she is going to be learning Chinese. She tells everyone "Ni hao" that's hello in Chinese, and as for me and the hubby since we can't go to Miss M's school to learn Chinese too. We will be learning at home with Rosetta Stone.
"Zai jian"(goodbye)





4 comments:
Wow Chinese! That's so cool.
We are out here in Monterey for hubby to learn more Mandrin. He would love that chance for our kids. good luck with getting in.
Chinese is awesome. My husband went to Taiwan on his mission so he speaks Chinese. Also, my 9th grader took Chinese in Jr. high. He loved it. Is the school a charter school? Sounds like you are busy but having fun.
I hope Miss M gets in to the program. I'm like you I need to have pictures, it makes your post so much more interesting.
That is so exciting! What a great program! I hope she gets in, she would do great!
Post a Comment