Dogs, Dogs, Dogs! We have three, yes three dogs! The First dog here is Tobe! He is extremely over weight. Like 70lbs over weight! He is going on 9 years in April. He as always been very over weight. Well, a couple of months ago we took the dogs in for there check ups. We were really worried about Tobe. He has gotten so big that he wouldn't even come inside. (poor guy) We felt so bad for him. Anyways ,at his examination, the vet. asked us the same questions they always do because he is over weight , "how much are you feeding him?" "how much exercise does he get?" OK so we were feeding him a little too much! But, every time we go to the vet they always tells us "oh, your feeding him way too much. he needs more exercise" and gives us things to do, but they don't work! So this time , finally, they decided to check is thyroid. Guess what??? His is not even working. His levels were so low it didn't even come up on the test. No wonders he is so unhappy! Poor dog! We felt so bad. Well now he is taking his medicine and guess what?? He has lost 12 pounds!! His fur is starting to get shiny again, and he is getting more and more active each day! So the pictures are of him before he started taking the Medicine. I will post some more as he progresses to lose more weight!
Then we have our next dog Duke! He is almost 4 years old! This dog thinks he is as big as our other 2. He
doesn't have any health issues, but the issue I have with him is his groomer. We finally scheduled him a grooming
apt. and he comes home looking like a rat dog!! Look at him below, he is adorable when he has the right hair cut, but now.....(I don't have a pic right now of him, but will have one for tomorrow.) I get so angry at this groomer....she never seems to take her time with him. It always seems as though she just shaves as much off as she can instead of brushing through him and helping us to keep his shaggy look! I guess I am going to have to be the dog groomer now. :)
And then there's Sherlock! Sweet Sherlock! He really is sweet, but I have an issue with him too....he has a problem of pooping......in the house.....
OK that's really gross....I know.
OK, so every night he comes in the house we put him in the l
aundry room. He goes to bed and we wake up to the smell of poop..gag....I am so sick of cleaning it up. That I have been making him sleep out side. I feel bad, cause he loves coming in. He is like one of those dog that want to be lap dogs, but is too big. After all he is a Great Dane!! He is nearly 9years old too. He is in his elderly years. He has
arthritis. Winters are really bad for him. He hates the clod. I just don't know what to do with all this pooping! (ewe, sorry) Hope we can figure something out for him!
I love all my dogs! Sorry about the pooping stories! Didn't mean to gross anyone out! Just wanted to share a little something about my "other" 3 kids! But 3 what were we thinking? I only
recommend having one at a time! I guess you live and you learn!
2 comments:
I didn't even know you had that dog, Duke! And Denali has gotten fat just like Tobe! Maybe I should have her thyroid checked too! Isn't it crazy that our dogs are already 9?
Dogs! We can't live with them or without them. Good luck! Maybe poop dog, sorry I am bad with names, is just getting old and can't control it's self. Glad it's not me cleaning it up. Have fun!
Post a Comment